Wednesday, January 11, 2006

5 lives

It's late (by the time I post this, it'll be 1:30). I should be in bed. I've got a long day today. A friend from work and I will be driving south a couple of hours tonight to spend the night at a hotel...rising early to attend an all-day conference on Thursday...back home Thursday evening. I haven't packed my bag...haven't paid bills yet. J and I had a fabulous Thai dinner after he picked me up from work yesterday. When I came home, I felt like power-lounging, so that's what I did. Ended up napping part of the evening away, which is why I'm wide awake now. Well, that and the second slice of birthday cake I just had...

I'm doing my morning pages religiously. Have done the reading for Week 1 and have even re-read some of the sections. Had a great first artist date last Saturday morning. But I've noticed the last couple of days that I've been resisting doing the Week 1 exercises. Not because I don't think they're valuable, but rather out of sheer laziness. I think about them, just haven't felt like writing them out.

The '5 imaginary lives' exercise used to be one of my favorites. But I'm not even feeling inspired to do that one. Maybe I just need a little more time to get in touch what those lives might be. When I've done that exercise previously (several times), it's always been quick and easy for me to nail 5 lives I'd like to have. I don't have those previous lists, but my guess would be that some of those lives don't appeal to me anymore. Maybe that's part of it...maybe I carried around certain dreams for decades that aren't dreams of mine anymore. Our dreams morph and change over time...maybe I just need to fine-tune the focus on my current batch.

I'm going to crawl into bed now. And start imagining what those 5 lives might be...

1 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

'Power lounging' I love that phrase. I'm very good at that :-)

I've been dragging my feet on completing the exercises, too. I've made a commitment to myself to complete one today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home