Saturday, January 14, 2006

Recapping Week 1

Morning pages: I skipped one day (the morning I was at the conference); only wrote 1 page on one day; only wrote 2 pages on one day. But I also did 3 pages of them two days leading up to week 1, so I figure it all evens out. Plus, I'm using Natalie Goldberg's method of writing in a spiral notebook and filling the entire page including margins. (And it's a college ruled notebook.) So I may be writing 8 or 10 more lines on each of my pages than some others. I say that not to compare, but to let you know that when I say I wrote 3 pages...I wrote THREE PAGES. ;)

Artist Date #1: I had a lovely date last Saturday morning as I recapped here. Done, and I enjoyed it.

Reading: Read through the chapter. It was probably the 4th or 5th time I'd read it (since this isn't my first go-round with AW).

Exercises: This was my weakness this week. I had planned to sit down and write some of them out last night, but then I realized why I was sort of dreading it. I've done them several times before and simply didn't feel like rehashing old crap. I know who my monsters are and know who my champions are. I just didn't feel inspired to write it all down again. I did do the 5 lives exercise (posted here). Didn't work with blurts or affirmations. Didn't even get around to writing out the contract as so many of you did this past week. So I'll write it here now...in my own language:

I, Marilyn, commit to immersing myself once again in AW. I know from past experience with AW that all sorts of feelings and emotions and thoughts and insights might arise. That can feel scary, and that fear can lead to resistance. I commit to tackling that resistance head-on. I want to know what's buried in there--I want to excavate my best creative self. I commit to doing this process with gentleness and kindness. I will push myself where it feels appropriate and I will do what I can as time allows. I will not beat myself up or feel guilty if I don't complete all of the exercises in any given week. I will not compare my work to that of other AW participants; I will not feel less than nor better than any of the other group participants. I will remember that each of us is on a unique journey. AW is here to serve me--I am not here to serve it. I will do my part in allowing it to serve me during these 12 weeks. Signed, Marilyn, January 14, 2006

3 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Oh, I like your wording on the contract!

And it sounds like you're doing wonderfully. Hopefully it gets more useful and less re-hash-y from here (for all who've done it before and are feeling any of that).

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what an awesome contract marilyn. just perfect.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, love your new take on the contract! Great job, and FANTASTIC job with week #1 on a week that brought breaks in your routine and upsetting news. Don't forget, you're also doing a heck of a lot of blogging about all this, too. That should count for something!

I've yet to post about my week ... too busy trying to get all my files, address book, etc., moved over from my old laptop (... ugh! no wonder I waited 6 years to get a new one ... it's a drag)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home