Sunday, February 19, 2006

Recapping Week 3

Our laptop died during Week 2. I was feeling quite high when we lost our internet connection. I'd just had a fabulous solo day in Portland...and then BOOM...no internet connection...and no funds to immediately buy another laptop or PC. I was devastated because I felt so engaged with my writing and my blogging and the AW group. I tried to psych myself up and remind myself that I'd done AW more than a decade before when I hadn't needed an internet connection. I thought surely without being able to check email or read blogs I'd have LOADS of time to devote to AW. I realized at the end of Week 3 how ironic it was that the week's theme had been recovering a sense of power, because I'd spent week 3 feeling mostly power-less...over the money situation, over not having internet access (I have it at work, but the school's 'safe search' function blocks all blogs and web-based email), over my job situation (my nasty coworker was bad-vibing me as usual and being particularly passive-aggressive), etc. I did write my morning pages every day that week, even if a couple of times I wrote less than 3 pages. I had liked the "Detective Work" exercise from previous AW attempts, I so did that. In fact, I did most of the exercises that week. My artist date that week was a watching a day-long marathon of "Project Runway" while Jeffrey was at work. I love that show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home