Sunday, February 19, 2006

Recapping Week 4

I didn't even know this was the week of reading deprivation until Sam mentioned it on the phone that Sunday night. I hadn't read the chapter yet, even though it was the second day of that AW week. Oops...I'd already plowed through two Sunday papers. I gave the reading deprivation a moment's thought, but I was growing depressed over losing my internet 'life,' so giving up reading (one of the very few pleasures and comforts I have) seemed too much to ask. I did cut back though. I did continue to read the two daily newspapers I have delivered (the Davis and San Francisco papers), but grew selective in my book reading. Mostly that week I savored small passages from Deepak Choprah's The Book of Secrets. I was in need of something to inspire and nourish me, and it filled the bill. (I'm still reading it...I'm savoring it slowly.) I continued reading a chapter a week from SARK's Succulent Wild Woman, which I'd bought as a companion piece for this AW journey. My morning pages dropped way off--I only wrote them 3 days that week, and each time I only wrote about a page-and-a-half. I completely forgot about doing an artist date. And although I read all of the exercises and did them in my head, I didn't write them out.

1 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Reading deprivation week was hard on a lot of us, and rejected in some degree by a lot of us. To have to face it without having been able to read others previously, and without knowing when you might again, and while feeling cut off and depressed - ugh! I am glad you chose to interpret it as you did rather than jumping in all the way, your way sounds much saner and healther.

And WELCOME BACK!! I missed you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home